Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Today is my daughter's first birthday! I wanted to take a few moments to express my gratitude that she came into the world!

From the day she was born, she has been positively sweet and delightful. Her smile is infectious and her laugh is like music to me.

She has had a wonderfully positive effect on our family - calming my son and making us all more joyful and loving.

This one is no shrinking violet. When she wants something, you know it. She she is unhappy, the whole world hears about it. She has a piercingly loud cry!

It's amazing how quickly her first year of life has gone by. So much faster than my son's year one. And yet, I still find it challenging at times to be present with her and am looking forward to a time when she is more interactive and verbal. I want to slow down, though, and appreciate at each and every stage. Slow down and really be present with her.

Thank you, my beautiful daughter, for coming into our lives. Happy Birthday. I love you!

No comments: