Sunday, January 04, 2009

Terrible Ten Minutes

I did not think twice when our nanny called me last week at work. She often does. But as soon as I picked up the phone, I knew something was wrong. Her voice sounded too far away. Then I realized she was crying. She kept saying, "She won't stop bleeding." It took about 5 minutes for me to figure out where she was calling from. And those 5 minutes plus the 5 additional minutes (thank God it was close by) when a colleague ran with me to get her were no doubt the scariest of my life. Thank God a million times she was OK. She had fallen and cracked her head open - a classic little kid injury. When I finally saw her, I knew she would be fine. After a few hours in the ER and some glue, she was as good as new.

But I still can't stop thinking about how awful those ten minutes were.

I think they are going to haunt me for quite a while.

1 comment:

Ima Shalom said...

I'm so glad that she's okay. Refuah shleima....