Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yom Huledet Sameach

Thanks to all the readers who have made us one of the Top-Rated Blogs at JBlog Central. If you enjoy Ima Shalom, please be sure to click here and rate our recent blog posts.

Today is the 18th of Cheshvan, my son's first Hebrew birthday, and the first of many days in the coming two weeks celebrating his first year of life (his "Gregorian" birthday, his birthday party). As if cramming for an exam, in the past week he has acquired a ton of new skills.

My son can now:
  • Understand a lot of what we say in English and Hebrew.
  • Say a slew of words including hi, dog, duck, mama and no (actually "nonononono," which he invariably says while doing something naughty).
  • Stand up for 8 seconds on his own.
  • Sign "all done."
  • Drink cow milk for his afternoon snack.
  • Feed himself (messily) with a spoon.
  • Give kissies! (My favorite by far.)
Quicker than I can say "nonononono" my little baby is becoming a toddler. I'm very proud and excited and just trying to keep up with all the changes. More to come!

No comments: